Southwest Memorial Hospital offers several classes each month that are open to the public. Some of the classes regularly offered include:
- Basic Life Support (CPR) – offered twice a month
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – offered 6 times per year (every other month)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support – offered 6 time per year (alternates months with ACLS)
- Prepared Child Birthing Class – offered once a month, each class is once a week for 3 weeks.
- Diabetic Support Group – offered monthly by the Diabetic Educator
- Outpatient nutrition and diabetes counseling
- Cooking Matters (nutrition and cooking classes at Montezuma-Cortez HS, Cortez MS, Southwest Open School)
- Cooking Matters at the Store (shopping tours at various grocery stores)
- Southwest Health System Wellness including cooking demos for employees
- Monthly Lunch and Learns on various nutrition topics at Southwest Memorial Hospital
- Eat Local Eat Healthy Montezuma
- Lunch and Learns for the City of Cortez
- Nutrition talks at the Cortez Recreation Center
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation individual and group nutrition classes
For information regarding any of these programs or classes, call Education Coordinator Meghan Higman at 564-2160.