Facing an injury or illness can be a difficult, stressful experience for patients and their families. Confronting tasks such as lining up care at home and managing medical and prescription costs can be overwhelming. Southwest Memorial Hospital offers social services to help meet these and other social and emotional needs of patients and their loved ones.
Through interactions with the entire healthcare team, social services professionals at Southwest Memorial Hospital identify patients with potential needs and provide them with support and information about community resources that are available to help individuals maintain safe, independent lifestyles.
Services Provided for Hospitalized Patients
- Discharge planning: helping patients identify and arrange for appropriate services after they leave the hospital
- Facilitating transfer to rehabilitation of skilled nursing facilities
- Arranging for home healthcare
- Referrals for financial support for healthcare services
- Mental health evaluations
- Substance abuse assessments
- Crisis intervention
- Bereavement support and counseling
Our social worker is Josiah Forkner. He can be reached at 564-2367.
Montezuma County agencies offer a wide array of social service programs for the community. If you are not a patient in the hospital and need services, click here for a complete listing of local resources.