Angela Howell, OTR/L, MSOT
Occupational Therapy at the Rehabilitation Department at Southwest Health System
Graduate: Boston University, Occupational Therapy
Undergraduate: High Point University, Sports Medicine
Recognition and awards: Employee of the Month
- Spinal cord injury
- Acute CVA rehab
- ADL performance in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Increasing functional use of upper extremities
- Upper extremity splinting
- Ergonomic specialist can perform in-house assessments for staff work areas
- WorkWell or Pre-Work screening for new applicants to ensure job safety
“I aim to inform patients of “the why” behind therapy techniques in easy to understand terms therefore getting them to “buy in” to and be more successful in the rehab process.
I feel that we have a great collaborative team that not only refers to each other when patient needs require it, but we also teach and learn from each other to make the whole team better.”
Angela is originally from New Orleans, LA. She has 2 young sons and enjoys introducing them to outdoor fun!