Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Southwest Memorial Hospital
1311 N. Mildred Road, Cortez, CO
Who is Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab for?
Have you been diagnosed with a heart attack or other heart problems? Have you had a bypass,stint, heart surgery or an angioplasty? If so, our Outpatient Cardiovascular Wellness (Cardiac Rehab) service may help improve your heart’s health.
COPD, emphysema and other lung conditions can also be addressed with cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
How will my heart and lungs benefit?
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab can help patients to:
- recover from heart surgery more quickly
- increase mobility and range of motion
- improve lung and heart efficiency
- reduce risk from future heart and lung problems
- develop a supervised exercise program
Pulmonary Rehab helps people with COPD, emphysema, or other lung disorders to increase the efficiency of the heart and lungs through cardiovascular exercise and resistance training.
Help is also available to individuals who would like to lose weight, lower blood pressure, and increase cardiovascular fitness and strength to avoid future health problems.
What can I expect in rehab?
When you come to Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at Southwest Memorial Hospital in Cortez, you can expect to:
- understand your heart and lung conditions better
- learn how to manage risk factors
- manage your medications
- know which Southwest Health System providers in the Cortez and mancos area can help with your breathing and circulation.
Southwest Health System also provides cardiopulmonary therapy.