For 2019, our theme is “Super 9Health Fair” because we’ve teamed up to provide health screenings and education for adults and children for the first time! Our fairs cover Montezuma and Dolores County at the following locations and dates:
Cortez – April 20th from 8am – 1pm @ MCHS
Dove Creek – April 6th
Mancos – April 13th
We offer comprehensive blood chemistry screenings. Talk to your doctor to learn about what screening is best for you.
Attend the fair:
We would love to have you participate, and there is no cost to you to have a booth in these events. Our ultimate goal is to promote health awareness and encourage individuals to assume greater responsibility for their own health. To do this, we collaborate with health care providers and volunteers to provide health screenings and interactive educational opportunities.
Registration for fair goers is online at https://www.9healthfair.org/attend/ or day-of the fair. We now accept credit cards online before the fair. You can select the blood chemistry screenings that you or your doctor would like to see.
We want to offer as many screenings as possible. If you are willing to provide one of these screenings, let us know! https://www.9healthfair.org/attend/available-screenings/
We provide ALL of the following screenings at our 9Health Fairs:
- Blood chemistry- $35 “This screening provides baseline information on cholesterol, blood glucose, liver, kidneys, thyroid, and more. These screenings can help you and your doctor monitor your health and prevent health issues from becoming emergencies. Information from this screening can also be used to complete your employers’ Health Risk Assessments (HRA). Based on the most current research, fasting is optional for the blood chemistry screening. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER and continue to take your regular medications. Persons with diabetes, should not fast.”
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)- $35: “The US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) has recently recommended against routine screening of persons with a prostate with the PSA test. Please speak to your healthcare provider if you have questions. PSA is a blood screening that measures a protein that is only produced by the prostate gland. Elevations of PSA may occur in persons with non-cancerous prostate diseases or prostate cancer. A normal PSA level does not entirely exclude the possibility of prostate cancer. A traditional manual screening, performed by a health care provider is strongly encouraged in conjunction with PSA screening.”
- Hemoglobin A1C Diabetes Screening- $35: “A1C is a blood screening that measures your average blood sugar control for the past 2 to 3 months. The results give you a good idea of whether or not you are at risk for diabetes. For people with diabetes it indicates how well your diabetes treatment plan is working.”
- Vitamin B12 Screening- $20: “This blood screening provides baseline Vitamin B12 levels, which play a key role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system, and the formation of red blood cells. ($20 value)”
- Blood Count Screening- $25: “This screening gives you a general picture of your overall health by checking your white blood cells, hematocrit, hemoglobin levels, and blood-clotting abilities. Your body’s ability to fight infection, anemia, liver disease and certain cancers can be discovered with this screening.”
- Vitamin D Screening- $50: “This screening is used to provide you with a baseline level of Vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency is now recognized as a worldwide problem. Your body requires Vitamin D to absorb calcium and plays an important role in protecting your bone health. Many studies also suggest an association between low Vitamin D levels and an increased risk of certain types of cancers, nerve disease, immune disease and heart disease.”
- Colon Cancer Screening Kit- $30: “This take-home/mail-in kit checks for human blood in the stool. Also, learn about preventing colorectal cancer, one of the most preventable cancers, and current recommendations for further screening, including who/when should get a colonoscopy.”
- Testosterone Screening- $40: “Tests the level of testosterone in your body. This screening is for both men and women.”
Interested in Volunteering or having an Educational Booth? Click the link to sign up! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019Fair
If you are interested in volunteering or having an educational booth, please contact Meghan Higman, RN, BSN, director of education, for more details. Email email@example.com
Learn about our new partners, the Montelores Early Childhood Council at http://monteloresecc.org/