Local Support for People with Diabetes
Are you or someone you know diabetic? A support group for individuals with diabetes meets nearby! Join us the first Tuesday of every month from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in the cafeteria at Southwest Memorial Hospital. Learn how to effectively manage your health concerns. Share ideas with others at these informative, informal meetings. Sessions are free and open to anyone with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. Contact Jamie Ritthaler at 970-564-2352 for details.
A diabetic person may feel as if there’s too much to learn. They may feel overwhelmed as a result. You don’t have to do it alone. Join our free support group where you will receive help. Topics include:
- What diabetes means to you and your loved ones
- How to remain emotionally healthy
- Best nutrional practices for your lifestyle
- Exercise and physical fitness for all ages and body types
Connect with others with shared experiences so you can obtain better control of your health. Learn to manage blood sugar, improve your quality of life, and be less prone to depression. Because support from others reduces the burden you feel, your self-care is more likely to improve.
Diabetic Support Groups Help You…
- Connect with others who face similar circumstances. It can be isolating to be around well-meaning family and friends because they don’t know exactly what it’s like to be living with diabetes.
- Recognize self-blame. Rather than accuse yourself, you can learn to improve your outlook.