https://www.swhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/SHS-Logo-color-horiz-680px-wide-300x81.png 0 0 kevn https://www.swhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/SHS-Logo-color-horiz-680px-wide-300x81.png kevn2015-01-19 10:48:112018-07-02 08:27:06Community Support Programs and Services
Community Support Programs and Services
Family services, financial services, transportation, mother and child programs, wellness, social services, protective services, senior services, support groups, and care coordination groups.
Below you’ll find information on some of the programs we provide as well as information and links to other programs in the Four Corners. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Montezuma County Public Health Department: Housing, Senior Services, Family Services, Preventative Care and More. http://montezumacounty.org/web/departments/public-health/. More information and programs can be found on their website.
- Women, Infants and Children: WIC is an educational and supplemental nutrition program for pregnant women, infants, and children 1-5 years old. Appointments are made to evaluate the nutritional health of the family and tailored food package checks are then issued for each participant.
- Presumptive Eligibility: Medicaid and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) Presumptive Eligibility (PE) provide immediate, temporary health care coverage for children under 19 and pregnant women who have applied for either program and appear to be eligible. PE allows children presumed eligible for Medicaid to access early and periodic screening. Pregnant women can access important prenatal care while their Medicaid or CHP+ Prenatal application is processed.
- Young Parents Plus: Young Parents Plus is a program for parents with young children birth to 10 years old. The goal of the program is to provide parents with tools, techniques, community resources and support to help support their parenting.
- SafeCare® Colorado: SafeCare® is a structured, evidence-based, in-home program that provides direct skill training to parents in the areas of parenting, child safety, and child health. The program targets families with children ages zero to five years. SafeCare® typically takes 18-20 sessions to complete (about 4-6 months) and each session lasts 1-1.5 hours. SafeCare® is delivered in the home by trained staff. Montezuma County Public Health Department offers SafeCare® in Montezuma, Dolores, Archuleta, La Plata and San Juan Counties, as well as the Southern Ute and Ute Mountain Ute tribes.
- Hospice of Montezuma: http://www.hospiceofmontezuma.org/
- Hospice services are available to persons who can no longer benefit from curative treatment, or choose to end curative treatment. The typical hospice patient has a life expectancy of six months or less. Most receive care at home, but we do provide care in assisted living facilities, nursing homes and hospitals. Services are provided by a team of trained professionals – physicians, nurses, counselors, therapists, social workers, aides and volunteers – who provide care and support services not only to the patient, but to the patient’s family and loved ones.
- Suicide Support Group: Meeting has been moved to the Last Wednesday of Every Month from 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. at the Hospice office ~ 1345 S Broadway, Cortez. Call Sunny at 970-565-4400 for more information
- Patient Financial Services Programs
- CICP: Colorado Indigent Care Program
- Discounts and savings on your bill for self-pay
- Free assistance with qualifying you for insurance, programs, and more
- Sign up or referrals for Medicaid
- FAP Charity Program
- Connect for Health Colorado Assistance available through the Piñon Project Family Resource Center.
- Long Distance Medical Transportation Services
- Affordable medical transportation with certified EMS providers
- Call 970.564.2315 or email@example.com for more information.
- Community Paramedic
- Home safety evaluations, nutrition evaluations, home health services, blood pressure checks, glucose and oxygen checks. Call 970.564.2091, extension 5 for more information.
- CareLink Medical Alert Devices and Medication Dispensers
- Locally managed in-home emergency response and medication delivery systems.
- 24/7 on call service
- Low cost and no contracts
- Montolores Cancer Fund
- The Southwest Memorial Hospital Foundation has a program to assist cancer patients and their families with transportation, living expenses, travel and related needs during treatment. Montelores Cancer Care Assistance Grants provide up to $1000 for these expenses, and receipts are requested.
- The Pinon Project
- Early Childhood Programs include literacy, parents as teachers,
- Bariatric Surgery Support Group
- Free support group for those considering bariatric surgery for weight loss or those who have undergone surgery.
- Diabetes Support Group
- Free support group for anyone with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.