When you come to the hospital for an out-patient procedure such as laboratory work or an x-ray, to make arrangements for same-day surgery, or to be admitted your first stop will be our Patient Access team located just off the main lobby in private offices. Your pertinent information will be entered (or updated if you are a returning patient) into your electronic health record. You will also be asked to sign several necessary forms. Our pricing for services can be found here.
For more information about registration and admission, call the Director of Patient Access, Christopher Alvarez, at 970-564-2127.
When I’m admitted to the hospital, what should I bring with me?
- Your advanced directive
- Driver’s License
- Insurance Cards
- current medication and allergy lists
- personal items such as your toothbrush, deodorant, and shampoo; glasses, hearing aid, and/or dentures
- robe and slippers
- comfortable change of clothes
- books, magazines, and hobby items such as crossword puzzles or needlework
- your personal phone/address book
What should I bring when I come to the hospital for services?
- Your doctor’s order for the test or procedure you need, or your admission orders.
- Driver’s license or other photo ID.
- Your medical insurance cards (we’ll need to verify/update this information each time you visit the hospital and possibly obtain “pre-certification” for services).
- A check or credit card for co-pay or other charges not covered by the your insurance.
- A parent or guardian if under the age of 18.
What should I leave at home?
- Medications (bring just the list, please)
- large amounts of cash
- credit cards; jewelry or other valuables
- electrical appliances such as your hair dryer or razor
- computers and/or PDA.