Southwest Health System, Inc. is preparing to reopen services closed after the first positive COVID test in Montezuma County was announced. SHS is developing comprehensive plans to reopen elective surgeries and some preventative procedures beginning Monday, May 4th. SHS will be opening Elective Surgery & Diagnostic Imaging patients as well as Physical Therapy, and other services below starting May 4th.
- Surgery and Imagining patients will come in through the main hospital lobby entrance.
- Physical Therapy will be expanding their services accessible through Medical Office Building entrance beginning May 4th.
- Traveling Specialty providers, including Cardiology, Urology, and Interventional Spine Care
- Our comprehensive Infusion Center is offering allergy shots see www.swhealth.org/infusion
- Children’s Vaccine Clinic every Thursday in May at MOB entrance – VFC/all insurances accepted.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has released general guidelines with the following qualifications. SHS is able to meet all these needs. Our decisions are consistent with public health information and in collaboration with state public health authorities. All aspects of care are being considered such as availability of PPE, workforce, testing, and supplies.
“SHS understands that our patients have healthcare needs beyond just addressing COVID-19. We feel that it is critical that the needs be met. We are confident we can do this while assuring it’s done in a very safe and controlled environment protecting our staff and patients,” said SHS CEO Tony Sudduth.
As services are reopening, the ability to care for COVID-19 patients will continue in the Inpatient and Outpatient settings. Based on the number of active cases and if those cases are increasing, services could be decreased again.
Patients are strongly encouraged to wear their mask, or they will be provided one for the duration of their visit. Visitor restrictions remain in place. The most current information will be available on SHS’s Facebook page and www.swhealth.org. For all other hospital-based services, such as Laboratory and Emergency Room care, please use the Emergency Room entrance.
Visitor restrictions will remain in place until further notice and will be continually reevaluated.