Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery
At Southwest Medical Group, Orthopedics, patients see a surgeon at each visit. X-rays can be done in our clinic for your convenience.
Dr. Bagge provides diagnoses and surgical and non-surgical treatment of injuries, disorders and diseases of bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves and tendons.
- Back pain
- Club foot, bunions, bow legs, knock knees and unequal leg length
- Fractures and dislocations
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports or work-related injuries
- Tendon injuries, pulled muscles, bursitis and torn cartilage
- Torn ligaments, sprains and strains
- And more…
Save time by printing and filling out forms before your first appointment!
Adult Orthopedic Procedures
- Non-operative and operative treatment of fractures
- Treatment of hip, knee and shoulder arthritis with medication, injections, and/or joint replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Operative treatment of post-traumatic deformities
- Carpal and cubital tunnel releases
Pediatric Orthopedic Procedures
- State-of-the-art treatment of all types of pediatric fractures, including growth plate injuries in the growing child
- Guided growth using minimally invasive hardware to correct leg length differences, angular deformities
- Non-operative scoliosis management with spine bracing
- Corrective osteotomies for more extensive limb deformities
- Tendon releases and lengthenings
- All procedures are done with the child’s comfort in mind, working closely with our anesthesiologists to minimize distress to the child pre- and post-cooperatively
Douglas R. Bagge, MD
Southwest Medical Group Specialty Care:
Orthopedics, General Surgery, Podiatry
1311-A N. Mildred Road, Suite A • Cortez, CO 81321
Phone: 970-564-2681 • Fax: 970-564-2682
Medical School: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, 1990
Residency: Oregon Health Sciences Center, Portland, 1995
Learn more about Southwest Medical Group, Orthopedics
When Jonathan, my 12-year-old son broke his arm playing soccer, he was anxious and in pain. We were anxious, too. My family has been fortunate to avoid a lot of broken bones, so we don’t have much experience dealing with them. From admission to discharge, the capable doctors, nurses and staff at SHS were professional, efficient and kind. They put us all at as much ease as one could expect under the circumstances.
Later, when it came time to cast both bones in his forearm, the doctor explained things that I needed to know as a parent, and he was spoken to in a respectful, accessible way. It might seem a minor thing, but when he was offered a multi-colored cast, this fun twist helped my son and I keep the injury in perspective.
Thank you to those of you at Southwest Health System who helped my wife and I through the rough-and-tumble challenges of raising a healthy boy!
~KL in Cortez, CO
Brenton Wright, PT, DPT
Brenton Wright, PT, DPT is a physical therapist in Cortez, Colorado. He specializes in treating orthopedic and neuro populations; specifically knee surgeries and BPPV vertigo. He can help with vertigo, falls, exercise recommendations and more. Contact us at 970-564-2460 for more information.
Common Procedures and Expertise
- Orthopedic and neuro populations
- Knee surgeries
- BPPV vertigo
- Vertigo, falls, and exercise recommendations
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
“Everyone can always improve. I want to get my patients back to doing all the things they love in the community.As a team we have a very comprehensive mixture of therapists That allow us to treat a variety of diagnoses successfully. We use that diverse set of skills to make sure the patient has the best outcome possible. It’s important that people know that I am very excited and energetic about my job, and truly enjoy getting people better.”
Brenton has been an outstanding help in regaining the range of motion in my knees after bilateral total knee replacement. I am a difficult case as I was so restricted preoperatively. Brenton has tried multiple strategies, extensively researched, and done everything but stand on his head to help me regain adequate function, and I am sure he WOULD stand on his head if he felt it would help me. He is the perfect combination of cheerleader and taskmaster. SHS is very lucky to have him, and I am blessed to have him as my primary PT here. He is determined to get me the best outcome possible. If I arrive early for an appointment, he takes me immediately if he is not with another patient, and gives me extra time if necessary, because obviously we have TWO joints to work on! His positive attitude reflects well on the PT department, as well as the organization as a whole. M.L, Patient
Undergraduate: Kansas State University
Physical Therapy Training: Midwestern University- Glendale, Arizona
Internship: Falls City, NE; Wickenburg, AZ,& The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ
More about Brenton
Hometown: Hiawatha, KS
Interests and Favorites: “My wife is a PTA here. I love the outdoors, sports, and my dogs. I have two labs that I take hiking every chance I get. I am a huge Chiefs fan, and I have enjoyed winning the AFC west the last two years. As for favorite foods and destinations, oreos, seafood and New Orleans top off the list.”